10 Things You Didn't Know About Dogs
Sharing a post by the Animal Rescue Site
- Dogs do see in color. It's a myth that they only see in black and white. They primarily see in blue, green, yellow and various shades of gray.
- The average dog is as intelligent as a 2 year old child.
- Dogs and humans have been living side by side for about 15,000 years.
- Dogs drink by forming the back of their tongue into mini cups.
- Paul McCartney added a high-pitched whistle, audible to dogs only, within the Beatles song "A Day in the Life". It was recorded for his old English Sheepdog.
- Two stray dogs in Afghanistan saved 50 American soldiers. A Facebook group raised $21,000 to bring the dogs back to the US and reunite them with the soldiers they saved.
- If you let the hair of poodles grow, it will form dreadlocks.
- Max, Buddy and Bailey are the most popular dog names.
- A dogs sense of smell is 10,000-100,000 times more acute than humans.
- Feeling a bit anxious? Studies indicate by petting your dog will lower your blood pressure.